Prayer – most important!
We would really value your prayers. We are pioneering this project in Harrogate and stepping out in faith and we would really appreciate you praying that God will give us direction, guidance and wisdom as we progress forward to our next house, and then hopefully others as well. God has been so gracious to us with our first three houses.
We would be grateful for your support with the finances of Lifeline.
Please make any cheques payable to Lifeline (Harrogate) Limited.
For single donations please note our bank account details are as follows;
CAF Bank Account Number : 00027260
CAF Bank Sort Code : 40-52-40
Account Name : Lifeline (Harrogate) Ltd
If you would like to make a regular monthly donation please could you contact email@example.com. Thank you so much.
We are looking for a person to help with our day to day administration.
Pastoral Care Team ~ Oversight to our Housing & Support Officer
We are looking for a person to provide ongoing support for our Housing & Support Officer in day-to-day issues. This will involve being an 'ear' for our Housing officer to bounce ongoing pastoral issues off and a sounding board for ideas of how she can best support our tenants.
Pastoral Care Team ~ Ongoing Support
We visit the residents regularly and serve them according to their needs.
The pastoral care team prays for the tenants and assist the tenants with rehabilitation, managing bills, family advice, training, job creation and employment.
This is a critical area to see lives transformed. This is in recognition of Jesus’ teachings in ‘going the extra mile’ and ‘standing up for justice’. We must seek to be imitators of God.
Examples of pastoral care will include;
- Weekly Visits
- A friendly chat and a listening ear over a cup of tea and sharing a meal together
- Practical help with phone calls and correspondence to Housing Benefit etc…
- Praying regularly for the tenant
- Accompanying to appointments
- Transportation to appointments or an event they just can’t otherwise get to
- Inviting tenants to church
- Helping the tenants with budgeting through a short course like the CAP course
- Helping the tenants keep the house tidy by setting up a cleaning rota
- Assisting into voluntary work
- Assisting into employment
- Invitation to an Alpha course or something similar
- Fortnightly cleaning by volunteers
- Delivering or taking away furniture
- Having the tenants over for a meal
- Running a life skills course
- Outings to the cinema or bowling
- Introducing tenants to other people in the community
- Acting as peacemaker for domestic tiffs
- An understanding of where the tenant is and where he or she was when they started off in the property
Fund Raising / Event Organiser
Whether that be ad-hoc events that you could organise for Lifeline or taking charge of the overall fund-raising objectives for Lifeline any help is greatly appreciated.